Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quote for This Year's Theme

            In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness.
            But the number of prayers we answer may be of greater importance.
                                                                              Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 
 
This year my focus for the year will be on serving others and listening for Heavenly Father's promptings to direct me to those who are in need of my help. Sounds simple, but I'm sure it will be harder than expected. I so often get consumed it what is going on in my own little world that I neglect to look around to see what others (including my own family) might need.
 
And my goal is to go deeper than just random acts of kindness. Those are good stepping stones, but they are also relatively easy. What I mean by relatively easy is it isn't too difficult to buy someone's coffee/drink, etc. or offer a smile; what becomes more challenging is offering grace to someone who is difficult to be around or offering kind words to someone who gives you nothing but vinegar. I want to learn to give service unconditionally without thought of reward or repayment.


No comments: