Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life

We wrapped up the family visit last night. It was so enjoyable spending time with Dave's side of the family during this Christmas season. We are so blessed.

The mood for Christmas was set on the Sunday before Christmas. The choir sang and the bishopric spoke. It was a simple, unassuming sacrament meeting. As I was directing the sacrament hymn (Jesus Once of Humble Birth) I was really touched by the words of the hymn. So many of the phrases stuck with me throughout the day and on 'til Christmas. I spent a lot of time thinking about how our Savior came to this earth in such humble circumstances; how he meekly, willingly bore all of our hurts and pains; how he was rejected and despised; and he did all of these things so He could redeem and save us; so He could succor us when we are feeling rejected, despised, hurt, abandoned. I was so grateful to the Lord for putting those thoughts in my heart and mind.

There were many fun memories created during our time with Dave's family. One highlight for me was hearing my father-in-law pray over his family at Christmas dinner. He, much like his boy I married, is not an outwardly religious man; however, during those times when I have the opportunity to hear him pray there is no doubt about his deep abiding faith and love for our Lord.

I can't wait to see Les Miserable. That is on tomorrow's agenda. We are going to the theater with my parents. It's always fun to go to the movies with my dad and seeing a movie during the Christmas break has become somewhat of a tradition.

Christmas, time with Dave's family, movie with my parents (and maybe dinner?)... what a wonderful life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les Mis is, well, read my FB status.

Nate

Nurse Graham said...

Nate, I read your FB status. I was beautiful. Can I just say I love the man you have become? So proud to say that I am your sister.

jessica said...

I have not been able to be on my computer much these days so I had a ton of catching up to do! I wish I could see your awesome new floors and baseboards and I wish I could run up mission hill with you...but I'm pretty sure 12 miles would kick my trash now that I barely run 6 miles because I hate running alone...