Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Super Saturday

Yesterday was awesome. I didn't do any sort of typical "Saturday" things. No laundry. No cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, etc. (although all of those things definitely need to be done). I didn't do any grocery shopping. Nope, not one of those things. Mostly because I really wasn't home long enough to anything like that.

But my Saturday did include two of my favorite things to do. I went for a run with friends. And I spent the afternoon and evening with my favorite high school wrestler. It was a super fun day.

I found a great way to run 10 miles. You start in the morning (not too early, 7 a.m. is good), run 6 miles with one group of friends, and then go to Starbucks for a hot chocolate. Then drive about 45 minutes to participate in a community fun run. Run the fun run with some other friends. Tack on a mile out and back to get in the 10 miles. Get a really cute technical shirt for participating in the fun run. Seriously, the best 10 miles I have run lately.

Then it was home for a quick shower and some lunch. I might even have taken a quick little nap before it was time to head out on the next adventure. This time the adventure was with Carson. Dave had to work so he missed out on the fun.

We went to the RV show. Honestly, I don't know why I enjoy going to these types of shows so much. I can't imagine ever shelling out that kind of money for something that depreciates in value for every mile you drive it. I may have passed this bias on to Carson. He made this comment after we walked through one of the big buses valued at $293,000.00, "I don't think I could ever drive something like that." "Why?" sez I. "Because I couldn't stand knowing that for every mile I drive it, it depreciates in value." Hmmm, I guess he does listen. Nevertheless, we enjoyed walking through the different RV's and discussing what worked, what didn't, what looked absolutely cheesy (like a fake iron rod railing in one RV), and how having to go through the bathroom to get from the bedroom to the living area is probably the worst set up ever.

After the RV show we went downtown for the Spokane Chiefs hockey game. We had some time so we decided to grab some dinner at Red Robin. Yay for me because they have gluten-free hamburger buns. Dave had told me not to let Carson get too fat so he ordered off the appetizer menu. I may or may not have smuggled in a RC cola for him. Anyway, we had some good conversations and a few laughs.

We finished up the night at the Chiefs game. Unfortunately the Chiefs lost. But it was still a fun time. We got home about 10:30. I was wiped out and headed to bed. But not before I told my boy thanks for going with me. He said thanks for taking me.

It was a super Saturday.

1 comment:

jessica said...

I don't know why it never occurred to me before this post that it would just be me and Camden at home someday...seriously, that is the weirdest thought ever! I just pictured me and C having a date like you and Carson and it got me a little emotional, which is so hilarious because I just got done putting him in his room for being rude to his sister and not obeying me :)