Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Smile

It is just a smile and I wasn't even aware that I was smiling. But the organist notices. She told me so last Sunday.

She said, "I sure do miss your smile when you aren't here."

I missed last Sunday because we were out of town. I asked someone to sub for me as the music director. I guess that person didn't smile enough.

The organist continued, "When you smile at me before the song it is just the little bit of push and encouragement that I need. When you smile I say to myself, 'OK, you can make it through playing this song.'"

I had no idea that I was giving her a little smile and nod at the beginning of each song when I glanced over to make sure she was ready. But I guess I have been. And apparently it was just what she needed.

1 comment:

jessica said...

I love that she said something! I think things like that to myself so many times but don't say anything...I am totally going to say something next time :)