Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All is Well

Well, there will be no pictures as the one-man production crew, driver, Dave, was sent out of the room before there was even a picture opportunity. Did someone call and tip-off the doctor's office? It turns out it was probably a good thing that Dave couldn't stay as there was a lot of cauterizing that went on and that smell of burning flesh would have absolutely caused Dave to pass out.

The doctor was able to get out all of the cancer on the first cut, meaning it was localized to the first basal layer. I go back in one week for a wound check, and hopefully, will be cleared for running at that time. For right now, I just have a lovely white gauze bandage that covers most of my nose. I wonder if I can have kids sign it tomorrow when I go back to work tomorrow? Probably not worth the hassle since I get to take it off Thursday morning.

Probably the only thing that I wasn't prepared for was how tired I was after the procedure. I came home and took a 3 hour nap. It was refreshing, but still strange on how tired I was after such a little procedure. Maybe it was from all of the local anesthetic that had to be used to get me numb enough so I couldn't feel the suture needle. I think I had to ask the doctor 4 times to give me some more numbing medicince.

Interested in seeing a video about the type of procedure I had? Follow this link: http://www.mohscollege.org/about/video_patient_education.php.

No comments: