Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Guys Who Help Me Love My Job

Meet Kody and Macrae, two of my buddies at work. I get to see them almost every day because they are both diabetic and still need a little supervision at lunchtime. They are both characters and always have some sort-of story to tell. Really, these 2 kiddos are pretty amazing. They do a phenomenal job at managing their disease and all that goes with it (counting carbs, finger pokes, rotating pump sites, etc), all while maintaining an "I am normal kid" attitude. I'm sure they have down moments when they think "this just isn't fair", but I haven't seen those times. I chalk this up not only their own personalities, but also terrific parents who don't let them think that somehow diabetes totally defines who they are. It truly has been an absolute joy getting to know and work with these 2 guys. I know both are anxious to not have to come to the healthroom before lunch. And when that day comes, I'll miss seeing them, but will be happy knowing that they are now independent in managing their disease.

1 comment:

Mom said...

They both look like they enjoy a little mischief from time to time.