Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Best Line at Christmas & Other Stuff

Can it really be January 9th already? How did that happen? And how come I can't get posts done when I have absolutely nothing else to do? Well, I was reading several books that I had checked out from the "Whiting Library" and somehow reading so consumes me, I forget to do anything else--well, I do shower and get dressed, but sometimes that's about it.
So, Christmas was spent with Dave's family at my in-laws house, which is conveniently only 25 minutes from our house. Yay for not having to drive over the big mountains, across the big river, and through the desert to get to their house.
But first we stopped by my parent's house on Christmas Eve morning so Katelyn and Carson could learn to make Mexican Sweet Breads. My mom, of course, sent the majority of them with us to the Graham's, where they were quickly polished off.

That night we celebrated Grandma Carol's 86th birthday, sang some Christmas carols, put goodies out for Santa and the reindeer, and finally got the kids in bed.

Before we knew it, it was Christmas morning and an explosion of discarded Christmas wrappings filled Rich and Charlene's living room. But before the chaos, we managed to get a picture of all the kids. See that blonde cutie sitting by Katelyn? That's Sheridan--more about her later.

After the gift-opening and breakfast was cleared, it was time to hook up one of the biggest-hit presents, the Wii. Mike and Kristi were nice enough to let us all use it.

Hmm, do I continue the embarrassment and post Katelyn's video of Carson and me sword-fighting on the Wii? Well, some of you aren't on Facebook and I told the kids that I wouldn't only post embarrassing things about them, so here is the video for your entertainment. Well, I tried to get the video to upload, but after 25 minutes of waiting I decided to cancel it. Curse Blogger.

Playing the Wii certainly did do most of the entertaining, but there were also football games to watch and puzzles to complete. The only thing that would have made it better is if the snow had stuck around so we could have done more sledding.

Sheridan...what to say about her? Well, she is a spit-fire, keeps us entertained, and has a well-developed sense of self. Dave thinks she is a riot. He loves to play rough with her--Sheridan refers to him as the crazy uncle. So the best line of Christmas was from Sheridan (actually she said it Sunday afternoon) after Dave had flipped her from the floor to his shoulder for about the, oh 47th time. She looked right at me and said:

"You are pretty lucky to be married to such a cool guy."

Why yes, Sheridan, I am. Thanks for reminding me of that.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Too bad Sheridan has outgrown the "Katelyn flatspin". I'm sure she would have LOVED that one!