Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quotes on the Mirror

I have a green dry-erase marker. I received it from my visiting teacher shortly after she returned from a trip to Utah. While in Utah, she heard a Relief Society lesson regarding scripture study; the teacher shared how she learned to memorize scriptures. She wrote them on her mirror with a dry-erase marker. I modified this idea just a bit to fit our family. I write motivational quotes on the mirrors in our downstairs bathroom and the kids' bathroom. I change them up every couple of weeks. This week's quotes are:
"Of all the liars in the world, some of the worst are our own fears." Rudyard Kipling
"What are your goals? Are the S.M.A.R.T? Focus on the process not the outcome." Me
A couple of weeks ago, the quotes were:
"Dream with courage and flexibility."
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest until good is better and better is best."
I don't know if those quotes help anyone but me. But sometimes, when we need a starting point for dinner conversations, I'll ask for discussion on the quotes. Sometimes there is discussion and sometimes, there's not.
S.M.A.R.T. stands for Specific; Measurable; Achievable; Realistic; Timely

No comments: