Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Said a Prayer Today

I said a prayer today. Well actually, I said a couple of prayers today. I prayed because that's all I can do. I can't take away someone's agency and right to choose. And sometimes that is a hard pill for me to swallow. Especially when it is my child making a choice that I makes me worry and fret.
And so I prayed. I prayed that those involved in the choice and decision-making, will use good judgment and wisdom. I prayed that if there is a bad outcome as a result of the decision, I will be able to be there to lovingly offer support and comfort. Without the vestiges of "I told you so" appearing in my words, actions, or countenance.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Oh that is hard!!!!! I will pray for you too...

Mom said...

Well Your boy got over the first hurdle -even with some folks throwing rocks on the track to make it harder. You also learned that Dave has your back on this one. It's always hard to work through situations when things turn out differently than you had planned- especially for a planner like your boy. He was able to get through a very hard spot & do the right thing -he should feel good about that even though things over all didn't work out as he had planned. Take a deep breath.