Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Must Love the Dog More

As my family can attest, when someone is sick with a stomach virus in our house, we (I) employ the following routine: sick person is quarantined to the sick couch; must not touch anything and if they do, they must use Lysol wipes to disinfect the touched item; nothing by mouth until vomiting has been stopped for at least 2 hours; fluids first--water or Sprite, followed by toast or soda crackers; finally, if no vomiting occurs for a 24 hour period after introducing fluids and bland foods, regular food can be eaten. Said sick person must be sick for 2 days (vomiting and/or diarrhea) before I even think about calling the doctor. This is the routine. Period. You must be really looking like death and have not held anything down for 2 days before a doctor visit is scheduled. So my family will be surprised to learn that I took Josie to the vet today. She had vomiting and diarrhea all day yesterday. Yep. Only one day and I took her to the vet to get checked out. She's the dog for goodness sake! I guess I was feeling especially sympathetic because I am all alone this week and who else do I have to dote on? Anyway, she seems to be doing better and hasn't thrown up since 4 a.m. this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's garbage did she get into? Perhaps that is a trick she learned from Pepper.

Nate

Mom said...

We won't tell the children......