Monday, August 3, 2009

He's Officially a Teen-ager Now

Before I blog about what I did this past weekend, I better blog about this guy... Carson turned 13 last Thursday. I can't believe that we now have two teen-agers living in our house! Carson requested that we have scallops for his birthday dinner so here he is, fork in hand, waiting to dig in. I used to think that having a summer birthday was a bummer. No parties or treats at school, hard to get a hold of friends to have a birthday party, etc (my birthday is July 3rd); HOWEVER for the past 2 years, Carson has managed to score big time fun for his birthday. Last year was a trip with his dad and friends for some camping and fishing in one of Carson's favorite spots along the St. Joe River. I thought, wow, how are you going to top that one? Well, get this. This year, Carson, his dad and grandpa are taking themselves on a week-long fly-fishing/camping adventure in...The Alaska backcountry. How cool is that for a birthday present? Carson, I just want you to know that I love you tons. You are the coolest boy I have. You have a quirky, dry sense of humor which gets you in trouble from time to time, but gives us some great stories to share and laugh at later. I know next year you are going to be a great role model for the 6th grade students and a leader on your wrestling team. Keep up the hard work, because hard work pays the biggest dividends.

No comments: