Thursday, February 27, 2014

Snippets from Katelyn

I was hoping that we would get a real letter from Katelyn this week, but all we got were quick responses to our e-mails. Bummer.

Here is the majority of the responses we received (compilation of 4 or 5 e-mails):



There are two places to work out. There's the gym where you can play basketball, four square, volley ball and run on the upstairs track. Then the Fitness Center is where you can lift weights or use bikes and stuff like that.
 
Well Sister. B isn't as quiet as she had been. She's freaking hilarious! We all get along very well. I'm sorry Carson wasn't feeling well. That's never fun. I did see Emily, twice actually. I've also seen Katie Mullin and I saw Nathan briefly yesterday. That was luck because we aren't even on the same campus. I'm on the main and he's on the west because he's learning. Everything has been going great. They do shove a crazy amount of info on you, but it's easy to pick up. I've noticed that I don't stutter when I read here. Talk about a tender mercy. This place truly is wonderful.
 
So for the TRC thing that I mentioned in the email with my schedule we had gotten a real investigator.  Her name is Patty. Our last lesson with her was on Saturday and it was probably the greatest thing ever. I can't tell you much about her, but long story short, she committed to baptism (this was our 4th lesson with her) and she asked if she could go to church. We didn't invite her. SHE ASKED!!! It was such an incredible experience and it just made me more excited to go into the field.
 


Hopefully next week we'll receive an actual letter (and maybe some pictures).

No comments: