Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love for Carson

Carson hates when I write these posts; too much sentiment for him, I guess. I almost didn't write one for him, but he's my boy and I love him so I had to write one about him. The compromise will be that I only write 5 things I love about him, instead of the ten things I wrote about Katelyn (and the 10 I'll write about his dad).

Things I love about Carson:
  1. He calls me "ma". This is some Southern vernacular he picked up when we were in South Carolina last summer. I think at first it kinda annoyed me that he would call me "ma", but now I see that he uses it as a term of endearment so I'll roll with it. After all, it is an improvement over "mama babe" which he used to call me when he was 4 or 5.
  2. He is quirky, unconventional, individualistic. He is a kid who marches to the beat of his own drum at times and is confident with the time he keeps.
  3. His confidence. He says things with such confidence that if you didn't know the right answer, you would believe him.
  4. He is working incredibly hard in school. He pulled a combination of A's and A-'s in all his classes this past semester.
  5. On occasion he will let me sit next to him on the small cuddle couch.
  6. He is a grateful kid and expresses his gratitude freely and frequently.
I know I said only 5 things, but the last one came to me as I was typing this post and I felt it so important to acknowledge this quality. He is a good kid.

No comments: