Wednesday, February 19, 2014

She's Been Out a Week...So How is She Doing?

Katelyn has been in the MTC for one week. We received 4 different e-mails from her on Monday...Dave and I didn't coordinate our e-mail writing so she had a few different messages to reply to. Today we received a letter she wrote on her first day at the MTC, but she didn't mail it until Friday (the mail delivery system seems a little slow, if you ask me, even taking into account the holiday on Monday).

Anyway here is Katelyn's first letter home:

Mom, Dad, and Carson
So these things that grandma gave me are pretty handy, since I didn't think to bring paper (editor's note: the "things" are stationery and stamps). Holy cow its been a long day and it's only 5:20!! The flight went well. I was sitting next to someone who had a very happy baby. She was pretty cute. When I got to SLC there were two elders that rode on the same shuttle as me. They weren't as cute...As soon as we stepped foot into the MTC we haven't stopped. That grumpy missionary was right though ( editor's note: grumpy missionary was a missionary from the Ukraine who had only been in the US for a couple of weeks and didn't really understand much English). Literally EVERYONE I pass says, "Welcome to the MTC!" It gets kinda annoying after awhile. The joke about missionaries getting fat at the MTC is totally true. They feed us a crap ton of food!! My companions are Sister C. (from Kentucky) and Sister B. (North Carolina); we're a trio. Sister C. is pretty  loud and out going and Sister B. is so quiet. Not quiet that she doesn't talk, but actually talks quietly. It's hard to hear her sometimes. I've met a lot of people and have already made some Canadian friends. Hope everything is going well...I just remembered...I totally forgot to call Sheridan yesterday. Can you tell her I'm sorry for me? Thanks!
Love always,
Sister Graham

Well, that letter sounds totally like Kate, doesn't it? Still her happy, random self. I know she is very busy during the day, but they do give them 45 minutes of gym time--probably to counteract the "crap ton of food" that they are being fed.

As she remembers to post pictures, I'll pass them along. She said in one of her e-mails that she keeps forgetting to take her camera with her when she goes places.

While she may not be able to answer your correspondence immediately, I know she would love to hear from family and friends.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are sharing her letters! I love reading about all the adventures these missionaries are having :)