Friday, February 14, 2014

For My Valentine

Dave's love list concludes love week. I am so grateful to have such a kind, caring husband. There are so many things that he does for our family that make him a super awesome dad and husband. Here are just a few:

  1. He has an incredible sense of humor. His sense of humor makes our home a pretty happy, silly place to be at times.
  2. He doesn't mind some of my unconventional terms of endearment.
  3. He cares deeply for his children.
  4. He has this aura about him that says "Ask me for anything. I probably won't say no". Our family of four can be walking down the street and he will be the only one approached by total strangers asking for money. It cracks the rest of us up because that happens almost anywhere we go...Paris, Charleston, Tacoma, Yellowstone, doesn't matter where, Dave is the one who people approach.
  5. He will do house tasks that I hate doing, like washing the hand wash dishes and unloading the silverware out of the dishwasher.
  6. He thinks going to the grocery store is an OK date.
  7. He buys me running socks for Valentine's Day.
  8. As long as I don't make peas, he will eat almost anything I make.
  9. He is strong where I am weak, like seeing 3-D in his mind's eye or working complex math problems.
  10. He loves to travel and is willing to take me any where we can afford to go.

I was going to write some sappy ending, but everything I typed sounded worse than the most syrupy Hallmark card you could think up so I'll just leave it with...

I love you, Dave. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: