Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Love Week

I used to designate February as "love month" and write "love" posts all month long. Since it is already February 10th and I have yet to post any "love" posts, I have decided that for this year I will do a "love" week. Hopefully I can successfully complete this compressed focus on love.

First up, love about Katelyn. She is leaving on Wednesday for her mission and I wanted to make sure to get at least her post done so she could read it before she leaves. So, without further delay, here are 10 things I love and/or appreciate and/or will miss about Katelyn:

1. Her confidence, particularly in social settings or with public speaking. This confidence will serve her well on her mission. (love)
2. Her ability to light up a room. (love)
3. Her cheery, smiley countenance. (love)
4. Her silly little minute-long videos she posts to Facebook--they crack me up (miss)
5. Her help in getting me set up with 21st century technology. When I recently upgraded my cell phone to a smartphone she helped me get set up with Instagram and some other things. (appreciate and will miss).
6. Her photo editing skills. She makes my pictures look awesome. (appreciate and will miss)
7. Her baking. Even though I don't get to eat the delicious treats she makes, when she is baking she sings and is happy, happy, happy. (love, appreciate and will miss)
8. Her pig-pen habits. OK, so these actually make me crazy irritated and left me counting down the days until she leaves. But upon further reflection, the wake of disaster she leaves in the kitchen, bathroom and her room lets us know that Katie is home. So, I think I'll miss that mess...eventually.
9. Her singing. She has a beautiful voice and we share a love of Broadway show tunes. (appreciate and will miss)
10. Shopping trips. We actually both hate shopping (it seems like such a pointless endeavor when nothing ever fits rightand we both get equally frustrated), but those are some of the times when she opens up most about what's going on with her or about random things that have happened throughout the day/week/month, etc. (will miss)

Tempe is going to get one heckuv a missionary. Katelyn has a ton to offer.

Love you, Katelyn!

Oh, another "love" about Katelyn. She is super photogenic. Check out some of her missionary pictures (I'm not really sure what missionary pictures are but Katelyn said that lots of kids do a photo session before they leave and call them "missionary pictures")
















No comments: