Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Love...

An afternoon nap.

Sadly, I did not get one today. There was too much to do to make sure Katelyn was ready for tomorrow. She had to get two last-minute immunizations, the second Hep. A and a flu shot. Yes, she could have received those immunizations at any point before today, but she didn't so we had to get them done today.

Then there was some grocery shopping to do to have the ingredients to prepare Katelyn's requested last meal. She wanted steak, twice-baked potatoes, and asparagus. None of those ingredients were in our house so I had to buy them this afternoon.

I had a meeting from3:45 to 4:45 and then it was home to start dinner and laundry.

Dinner was a success.

Laundry was started and the empty laundry baskets lined up in the family room awaiting the freshly laundered clothes to fill them.

And with dinner cooking dishes still sitting on the counter and folded laundry all over, we welcomed the stake president into our home to set Katelyn apart as a missionary. Well people always say they appreciate me keeping things real. Can't get more real-life than the state our house was in tonight. Hope the stake president appreciated our keeping things real. At least I wasn't in my  pajamas yet, that would have probably been just one step too far. But those PJ's were on just as soon as he left.

Now I am exhausted and I still have a bajillion loads of laundry to do because Carson creates more laundry than his dad and I put together.

Days like today make me appreciate the days when I have time for an afternoon nap.

No comments: