Friday, May 24, 2013

Work-outs Completed This Week

Well there were a few successes and some missed opportunities.

I spent a lot of the time this week frustrated with myself for not getting myself out the door to run. I definitely do better at getting my runs in if I have someone to run with. Then yesterday I realized that how lame that excuse was and that I have a running buddy who is always hoping I'll get out and get running. Josie, I promise to do better next week.

Monday I did join the ladies group at The Bike Hub for a group bike ride. We rode about 20 miles which was a little farther that I had expected to go for my 2nd ride of the season, but I was in it so I just had to keep going. I found that I did better than I had expected I would, so that was exciting.

Tuesday morning I swam. I'm still trying to find time in my schedule to get back to the master's swim class. It's just that the class is at 5:30 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday nights.  Monday's are out because of the group bike ride. Wednesday's could work, but 5:30 is just such an awkward time because the boys are home and they expect something to be made for dinner. Yes, they are more than capable of preparing their own meal but Dave has late work calls on Monday and Tuesday (he gets home around 7:30 or 8) so Wednesday feels like it should be family dinner time, not mom is at swimming time.

Wednesday: well I didn't do anything on Wednesday even though I should have done a run. And I should have done a run on Monday, but I didn't.

Thursday was actually an accidental success. There is a running group that meets at 6 p.m. Thursday night and since I hadn't run yet this week I decided I would go. My friend Jen said she would come too and before we knew it, the 3 miles we were planning on running turned into 5 miles. Oh it was so nice.

Friday morning was super chilly, but sunny so we went ahead with our planned bike ride. We got in 18 miles. My feet were so numb by time we got back and I discovered that cold muscles don't loving pedaling up hills, even small ones.

Tomorrow I'm set for a bike ride provided the weather holds and I'm trying to get Katelyn (yes she's home. She surprised us for the weekend) out for a run/walk program tomorrow.

1 comment:

mom said...

You can tell her (Katelyn)where to find shoes in town now. And U can send you Mischief is you want an excuse NOT to run - she barely agrees to walk - if it's not hot, wet or farther than half a block-