Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Training Schedule for Motivation and Accountability

My running partner is supposed to be out of commission for the next couple of months. That means that I have to hold myself accountable for getting in the miles for the triathlon I am looking to participate in in July. So I'm going to document what my weekly schedule should be and then report how the week went.

Monday will start the training.

Monday morning: Run (speed work: either hill repeats or intervals)

Tuesday morning: Swim
Tuesday evening:  Bike

Wednesday morning: Run (tempo)
Wednesday evening:  Bike (maybe join a group ride at one of the local bike shops)

Thursday morning: Cross-train (usually a 20/20/20 class at the Club)

Friday morning: Rest
Friday afternoon: Swim

Saturday morning: Long run


I realize that is pretty vague since I didn't include any mileages, but I'm not too worried about  miles. The triathlon I want to do is a sprint triathlon so I figure as long as I ride at least an hour each ride and swim for 30-45 minutes I should be fine.

After I get some swims under my belt I'll probably get back into the master's swim class and that will help increase my swim speed. Why am I waiting? Um because I don't want to embarrass myself and have to swim in the "special class" lane.

No comments: