Monday, May 27, 2013

Surprise for the Weekend

I generally am not a fan of surprises.

Surprises throw me off because I have control issues.

But last Thursday night I got a surprise I didn't mind.

Katelyn came home for the weekend.

She rang the doorbell and Carson answered it.

Dave was in the family room and asked "Who is it?"

Carson said it was Kate.

Dave thought he meant Katie from across the street since she had come over earlier to ask Dave to come out and play with her.

Dave told Carson to tell Kate that he couldn't come out right now.

By this time, Katelyn was walking around the corner and Dave figured out what Kate Carson meant.

We've had a fun weekend with her.

We mostly just hung out.

I did take her shopping for running shoes and work-out gear.

Oh I could easily spend way too much money on work-out gear.

I also took her for her first run.

We ran one minute, walked one minute for 30 minutes.

My little non-runner did great.

I'm looking forward to our color run in July.

I'm kinda sad to see her leave this morning to head back to Rexburg, but I'll see her in a month.

Thanks for a great surprise Katelyn.

No comments: