Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Disappointed Customer

Have you ever left a business whose sole purpose is to provide customer service and wondered how in the world they are still in business? That was my exact thought as I left the travel agent yesterday. I had gone seeking assistance on planning our trip to South Carolina. I was hoping to get information on sites to see, possible travel packages with suggested activities, etc. What I got was the same flight information I had found on travelocity and the statement from the travel agent "Thanks for coming in. Sorry we couldn't find you any great deals."

That was it. There were no tourist pamphlets or brochures given to me, even though Charleston was just voted the #1 best vacation destination by some travel company. There were no suggestions on where to stay. The whole visit couldn't have been more than 5 minutes at the most. I guess in a way I'm glad that the visit didn't waste more of my time, but still, it was very disappointing.

So I guess I'm back to planning, researching, buying, reserving, etc.; all things I'm pretty good at and mostly enjoy doing. But I was ready to let someone else do that for us.

3 comments:

mom said...

You should assign "facebook boy", now that he has re-friended you, to research tourist activities & historical sites for you. Chamber of Commerce or Tourism places should have lots of internet info-

Anonymous said...

Re-friended you? Wow, you must have really made him mad if he "unfriended" you ;)

Nate

Katelyn said...

It's a sign that we need to go to Hawaii, not South Carolina.