Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Katelyn

Today is Katelyn's 19th birthday.
It is so strange to not have her home to celebrate with her.
But her Facebook post would indicate that her roommates made sure she had a great day.

She doesn't know it, but she totally made my day this morning.
Here's why.

I texted her the following:
-Would posting Happy Birthday on your wall, texting you Happy Birthday, and calling you later today to wish you Happy Birthday be too much?
-No

I was completely expecting a "yes, too much Mom" answer.
So when I got a "no", I was so happy.
That meant I could call her this afternoon and not feel like it was too much.
And be worried that she would be grumpy because it was too much.

We had a nice chat this afternoon.
She sounded so happy.
And definitely having a good birthday.
Her being happy made me happy.

So one more "Happy Birthday, Kate."
We love you very much.

No comments: