Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Sweet Kid Moment

This week has been a good week for sweet kid moments.

There was yesterday's moment with Katelyn; the moment when she told me I couldn't over do her birthday wishes. It made me smile knowing that at least on her birthday I could repeat myself several times and not irritate the crap out of her.

And the night before yesterday Carson and I had our own sweet moment.

Here's how that went down.

Dave, Carson and I were watching X Factor. There was a young man who totally blew his Boot Camp Audition. It was so sad to watch it happen. And then when he was interviewed backstage, with tears in his eyes, he says "I just want my mom."

Dave looks at me. I have my sad face on. He looks at Carson, then back at me and says:
-Go hug your boy.
I say:
-He won't want a hug from me.
Carson says:
-I want a hug.

I was out of my chair so fast and across the room before Carson had any time to change his mind. As I was hugging him he said:
-I don't mind hugs from you at all Mom.

Awww.
Sometimes these kids still melt my heart.
Love you both so much.

No comments: