Monday, August 27, 2012

It Was Almost a Wasted Summer

At the start of summer I had big plans. Plans and goals that would improve my organization, improve my health, and improve my spirituatlity. And even though I was excited and motivated at the start of summer, I failed in one important part of planning/goal setting. I didn't write the goal down and I didn't set aside specific times to accomplish the goals. I guess I technically failed at two aspects of goal setting.

I was going to eat vegetarian 5 days a week but I was unprepared for this major life change. So instead, I just didn't cook anything at all and we ate cold cereal for dinner more times that I would like to admit.

I was going to go to the temple once a week but I never remembered to call to set up a time. So instead, I let my recommend lapse.

I was going to organize my Tupperware/plastic storage containers cupboard but...oh wait, this was the only goal that I actually managed to accomplish. And while I was at it, I cleaned out two of the junk drawers in the kitchen.

So how sad is it, that the only goal that I actually fulfilled was the one of least importance? I can only imagine how fulfilled I would have felt if I had achieved the other two goals.

1 comment:

mom said...

You probably needed more preplanning on the vegetarian meals - a support groupg, web page, shopping list or cookbook. You did accomplish some fun things & some hard thngs, so maybe not quite the washout you think.