Thursday, August 9, 2012

Flathead Fun


My grandparents have a beautiful lake house right on the north shore of Flathead Lake.
I have gone there since I was little.
Sometimes we make it over every summer
And sometimes there are big breaks.

But we made it over this summer
And I am so glad we did.

My brothers, Nathan and Dan,
And my sister, Rachael
And all of the kids associated with those siblings
were there.

I was so happy to spend time with all of them...
Even the lacking-of-common sense teen-age boys.
After a very late night, they all squished onto the tiny little "table" bed in the travel trailer.


Dave helped me accomplish a long-standing goal of mine...
to swim to the island.
"The Island"
The island is somewhere between 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile from my grandparents.
Dave said "Let's do it!" and I said "OK!"

The kids played on the tube
Even played on the tube when it wasn't in the water



Carson threw rocks in the water and gave rides on the paddle lounger



Katelyn rode the tube, gave rides on the wave runner and held the baby




The adults enjoyed catching up with each other

I thought it was a great time
And I'm glad we got to go.


No comments: