Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sometimes I Really do Love Them

OK, I say that totally toungue-in-cheek, I love my children all of the time. However, I think on occassion the teen-agers in this house do question whether I love them or not. Especially when their feeling loved is predicated on my fulfillment of absurd requests such as this:

Text from Katelyn at 8:34 p.m. while she is working at McDonalds

Katelyn: Hey can you do me a favor?

Me: Depends. I'm in my jammies

Katelyn: (at 8:38 p.m.) Can you bake some cookies? I told Mitchell I would bring him some.

Me: OK

Katelyn: Thanks.

And there you have it. My way of demonstrating my love for Katelyn is to bake cookiesfor her to take to a friend even though it was "late" (in my world anything past 8:30 is late)and I really just wanted to not do anything but lay in front of the fireplace and watch The Diary of Anne Frank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did Mitchell deserve cookies??

Dan

Nurse Graham said...

Well, he asked her to Winter Formal and she had to say no because she has a jazz competition that day. She was trying to make the "no" a little easier.