Thursday, February 23, 2012

From the "Love List"

Yes I have a love list. I make it the last day of January so I can have  omething to reference in case I wind up with completele brain block during the month of February. It only helps if I actually blog, which for some reason has not been a daily occurrence this year as it was last year during February. Anyway, I have a lot of things left on the list so...

Tonight's installment is about my love of trip planning.

Actually I love trip planning because it helps me deal with the stress of the trip, particularly if there is flying involved. I really don't like to fly. So planning helps me not think so much about the flying part.

And guess what!

 I have a trip to plan for this summer. Dave, Carson and I are going to Germany and France for about 10 days. Don't worry that Katelyn is getting left out. She will already be over there. We are meeting her in Paris.

I have two guide books for France.

I have been all over tripadvisor.com, raileurope.com and several town tourism websites. I don't have the itineraries worked all the way out, but I have several months to obsess about this. My family can vouch for me when I say that I don't go into any trip unprepared & not  planned out.

I get giddy when planning for a trip. I also really enjoy helping other people plan their trips--especially if they are going some place that I have been before & absolutely love, like DisneyWorld or Yellowstone.

2 comments:

Mom said...

And an outstanding job you did of scheduling DisneyWorld dinners for the family trip last May. I can recommend you highly.

Nurse Graham said...

Thanks, Mom. That whole trip was so wonderful. I enjoyed helping with the planning & getting dinner reservations for all 24 of us. It was crazy but worth it!