Monday, February 13, 2012

Friends

Friends double your joy and divide your grief

That quote describes the group of friends I have now. Some people are fortunate to have those friends from childhood. It took me quite awhile to find that kind of friendship. Matter of fact, I didn't develop those close relationships until I started running.

There is just something about running that seems to break down barriers that seem to exist in other situations. Maybe it is because we are all engaged in something hard but worthwhile, moving towards a common goal. Or maybe because small talk is quickly covered when you are running more than 3 miles & unless you like listening to yourself breathe, you  find something else, maybe something deeper to talk about.

Whatever it is, I am so glad that I have found it with my "sweat sisters (that's what Kristen Armstrong, a blogger for Runner's World refers to her running group as). I know that come what may, we will always have each others' backs.

I'm also happy that my running group has expanded and I am looking forward to forming those same close relationships with these ladies.

No comments: