Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm One of Those People

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a scale watcher. I weigh myself about 3 times a day; once in the morning before I run, then again after I run, and finally, before I go to bed. I started doing this about 4 years ago to help monitor how much water weight I had lost from running. After having 2 surgeries to remove kidney stones and passing several smaller ones on a pretty regular basis, I figured I needed to get at least a rough idea on my hydration levels. So I have a pretty good idea of what will affect my weight as well as my kidney stone production. I also know that once a month I will wake up in the morning and be completely unhappy with the number that shows up on the scale. But, seriously, 3 pound increase overnight? C'mon body. Give me a break! Then I stew about the number (and the fact that my pants feeler tighter) for the week until one morning I get on the scale and the number is back to where it is supposed to be (and my pants don't feel tighter anymore). Anyone else worry about a 3 pound weight increase that literally happens overnight? I realize most people probably have many other important things to worry about, but please tell me I'm not alone. Or feel free to tell me to get over myself because, really? I should be worried about such things?

4 comments:

Mom said...

Invisible people?
Transparent people?
Irregular bloggers?

Nurse Graham said...

I hit "post" after I typed the title but hadn't typed any text. Oops. You must have just happened on it right as I did that.

Mom said...

Ahh, a scale-watching person. The once a month 3 pound weight gain will all too soon be replaced by the permanent 5 -15 pound menopause weight gain. Enjoy it while you can-

Jenny said...

Lucky you it's only three... mine's always been five. Since you asked, though, I may say you are a little over the top on obsessing about it. Life goes by too fast!