Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Things I've Learned Recently About Running

1. Lasagna with spicy marinara for lunch + 5 miles of intervals after work = Really bad HEARTBURN. Like "Oh my heck, I think I'm having a heart attack" bad heartburn. 2. Shot Blocks are great in the summer. No so great in the winter because they turn into semi-solid blobs that can set off a killer TMJ issue. 3. Shot Blocks with caffeine are Suh-weet on a long run. But I can only take them sparingly or my heart races way too fast to be healthy. 4. When running indoors on the treadmill (especially if going longer than 3 miles and you are going to be a sweaty mess), DO NOT forget Body Glide. The chafe marks are super ouchy when you take a post-run shower. 5. Just like I thought, gazzillions of lunges on the day before a long run wreaks havoc on my knees. No lunges yesterday = a fabulous, though very hilly, 12- mile run today with absolutely no knee pain!

No comments: