Thursday, November 28, 2013

28 "Thankful For's"

Since today is Thanksgiving and I haven't spent every day this month sharing my "thankful for's" on Facebook, I'm doing another list post. These are 28 things I am thankful for:

  1. I am thankful for my husband's patient, caring spirit; his work ethic; his goofiness; and his daily display of love and affection towards me and our children. He is the best.
  2. I am thankful that I can still drink milk. Seriously. I don't know what I will do if I develop a dairy intolerance or allergy.
  3. I am thankful that my husband likes to travel with me.
  4. I am thankful for my running buddies, Josie included.
  5. I am thankful to have a job that allows me to be home when my kids and husband are home.
  6. I am thankful for every opportunity that I have been given to grow closer to my Father in Heaven...even the really crappy and hard opportunities.
  7. I am thankful for awesome nieces and nephews. I love when our families get together and build memories.
  8. I am thankful for grandparents and grandparents-in-law. I miss the ones who are gone, but so grateful to still have three alive.
  9. I am thankful that I have a car with heated seats.
  10. I am thankful for friends who will take the time to click over from Facebook to read this post.
  11. I am thankful for my calling at church. Being ward chorister and ward music chair is the best!
  12. I am thankful for modern medicine and the comforts it brings to my life.
  13. I am thankful for two really great kids. They make me smile, if not laugh, almost every day.
  14. I am thankful to work with positive, supportive colleagues.
  15. I am thankful to know that God loves me and has blessed me with certain talents and traits. I try to honor that love and gift by using my talents to serve others.
  16. I am thankful for good health.
  17. I am thankful that Katelyn has the opportunity to serve a mission and the learning and growth that will most certainly occur over the next 18 months.
  18. I am thankful that Katelyn works with a great group of young adults at the Melting Pot.
  19. I am thankful to my friend Lindsay Hubble who is friends with the owners of the Melting Pot  was willing to put in a good word for Katelyn.
  20. I am thankful that this year is going so much better for Carson due to his hard work and conscientious effort at turning in all school assignments.
  21. I am thankful for my siblings. When we are all together there is never a dull moment.
  22. I am thankful for my parents and their confidence in my abilities, even when I might doubt myself.
  23. I am thankful for my in-laws who have always treated me as one of their own children.
  24. I am thankful for this quote from President Uchtdorf: "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."
  25. I am thankful for dark chocolate and that I can eat one square every day.
  26. I am thankful to know that I don't have to worry about having enough food, a warm place to sleep, or other necessities.
  27. I am thankful for the opportunities that I have had to travel, especially to the warm, sunny locations.
  28. I am thankful to know that no matter what drama, chaos, or upheaval I may have seen or dealt with during the day, I can go home to my safe, quiet loving home. There I am able to recharge and prepare to face whatever the next day brings.

No comments: