Monday, June 17, 2013

Wisdom in a Comic Strip

June 17th 2013 - Zits


This says it all, Kate.

I say "I love you" at the end of every conversation or before we leave, not because I want to hear you say it back (although would it kill you to say it back?)

I say it so you will be comfortable saying it to your children someday.

And of course, for me, a hug must almost always accompany "I love you" so you will most always get both.

Love you,
Mom

PS Carson, thanks for indulging me with a return hug and "love you, too" most of the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comic isn't showing up for me, but Zits is usually pretty good.

I also imagine you're probably saying it so that they are secure in the knowledge that you do love them. No?

Nate

Nurse Graham said...

It showed last night but not this morning. Weird.

Anyway, the comic is the mom hugging the son. He is not hugging her back. She says to Jeremy:

"Jeremy, I don't hug you so you'll hug me back. I hug you so you'll hug Your kids someday."

Katelyn said...

I do say it back!
I always say "love you too, bye" at the end of our conversations.