Wednesday, June 26, 2013

She Wants to be a Missionary Now

Katelyn called a couple of weeks ago asking if I would pray for her as she prayed about serving a mission. I said I would, of course. She called a couple of days later asking if I had prayed and I said I did. Her next question was if I had received any inspiration one way or another. I told her that because it was her decision, I had prayed that she would receive a clear impression one way or another. In my prayer I told Heavenly Father that Katelyn doesn't do well with vague or "do what you think is right" answers and that she needed a definite yes or no. Katelyn told me that she had felt a definite answer to her prayer.

Yesterday she called wanting help filling out the on-line missionary application. I think that Church Headquarters use that application to weed out those who are not necessarily committed to going on a mission. It took forever to fill it out, but we plowed through it. Of course, we wound up doing Facetime to get it completed so she could show me certain questions rather than trying to explain what she was seeing/reading.

Her plan is to defer her Fall semester, work during that semester (either in Rexburg or here at home), and put her availability date as after the first of the year. She was originally was going to put her availability date as November. I will admit that I was a bit selfish and asked her to delay her availability until after the Holidays. I said it would give her some more time to work, but really, it would just be nice to have her home for Thanksgiving and Christmas before she is gone for 18 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's fantastic for her! She'll never regret the decision.

Nate

Katelyn said...

All I have left are the doctors appointments (which are next week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) then an interview with the stake President, then I'm done!!