Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Hasn't Even Started Yet and It's Already Booked!

Last night we got a text from the Elder's Quorum President in our ward. For the last three summers, He and his family have invited us to spend a day at their lake cabin. We have yet to make it up there. Our schedules never mesh.

Dave and I hadn't written much down on the calendar except for the trip to South Carolina so I thought for sure there would be a lot of day options to text back to our friend. But as we started to write all of the different things down that we are scheduled to do this summer, it turns out there were only 4 days at the end of July and 3 days at the end of August that were available. I couldn't believe summer was already so full!

But on Wednesday of this week it is going to be ready, set, go for our summer activities. Dave and Carson start it out with a trip to Billings so Carson can wrestle in the AAU nationals. Then as soon as they get home, Dave turns around and flies to China for 10 days.

While Dave is in China, Carson has wrestling work-outs and a 3-day camp. July sees another training camp and a trip to Fargo, ND to participate in the USA Wrestling Jr. Nationals. Not long after they return we will be heading to Ephrata for a Carey family reunion.

We'll fit in our trip to South Carolina. Then my brother will be here for his white coat ceremony for vet school. Spokane to Sandpoint Relay, CVEA board work day, nurses' retreat and then it's back to work.

As I'm typing this I realized that we also need to schedule Senior Pictures and celebrate two July birthdays. Oh and I can't forget my trip to Rexburg for the Color Run with Katelyn. And I'm doing my best to prepare for the Hayden Lake Triathlon in July, but there sure are a lot of expenses being incurred this summer so I might save some money and not register for the triathlon.

And that's our summer. Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, Carson is going to be a Senior?

Maggie said...

I didn't type that anonymous comment but I might as well have.

Dan