Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moving On with Peace and Gratitude

I am not going to dwell on the disappointment of last night's election results. I have learned that for me dwelling on disappointment blinds me to seeing the beauty and joy that surrounds me daily. Last month I spent 21 days making a concerted effort to identify something virtous, lovely or of good report. I am not going to erase all of that effort by wallowing in disappointment.

I will find comfort in knowing that half the country felt as I did. I will find comfort in the belief that when one door closes, another one opens. I believe that while there may be some serious consequences that come from the results of this election, if I live my life with God as the focus and center-point, all will be well...maybe not free from hardship or tough times, but I can find joy if I remain faithful and believe God is faithful.

Today I am grateful for that peace.



No comments: