Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good 'Ole Snail Mail

I received a little note in the mail today from a friend who moved to Arizona this past summer. I loved getting that completely unexpected note in the mail. I was humbled to know that I was important enough to her that she put her very busy life on hold for the few minutes it took her to write the note and post it. She could have so easily messaged me on Facebook or sent me a quick text. But she didn't. She did it old school. And I am so grateful for that. It was quite special.

Lesson for today is to remember to send notes the old-fashioned way. It is quickly becoming a lost art which is a shame because it is such a wonderful way to show someone you care and connect in a more personal way than texting, e-mail or Facebooking. Guess those Hallmark commercials have it right after all.

No comments: