Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grateful Praise for Some Random Things

The other day on the morning news there was a question about favorite children's toys. I thought back to my childhood and what toy brought me much joy and filled my time. Immediately I remembered how much I loved our Texas Instrument Speak and Spell. I would spend hours playing with that and practicing my spelling skills. I am pretty sure there were a few Christmas's when I asked for new modules for the Speak and Spell because I had mastered the old ones. That morning, as I was remembering the good ole Speak and Spell days I was grateful for parents who knew the importance of providing such educational toys and did so, even if it was a sacrifice. I have to admit that I did feel a little badly while I was reminiscing because I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a "family toy" and I don't recall sharing it very well. Oops.

I had the opportunity to visit with our bishop the other night. I don't usually visit with the bishop. I can't remember a time when I have ever scheduled an appointment for ecclestiastical guidance. But as I have been thinking about some future plans I had the distinct impression that I should counsel with our current bishop. He is a good, thoughtful man. I am grateful for the time that devotes to our ward. I am grateful for his counsel and his willingness to meet with me.

As Dave and I drove down to visit Katelyn last Friday I was grateful for good roads, Dave's iPhone and Pandora radio. After visiting with Katelyn on Friday night, we could tell that she has settled comfortably into college life. She is doing a good job at managing her classes and her theatre responsibilities. I was grateful to see her happy and successful.

Monday was my last day at Greenacres Elementary. I have been at Greenacres Elementary since I started my school nurse career. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked there while my children attended that school. I am grateful for the relationships I formed with staff members and students. I am grateful for the new adventures that await me at Spokane Valley Tech and the Early Learning Center. I am grateful that I will be able to devote a little more time to Greenacres Middle School.

Dave is currently ripping up the carpet on our stairs and main level. I am grateful that he is such a hard worker. I am grateful and more than a little thrilled that we finally get to do some up-dating. After being in the house for 12 years (wow, I can't believe it has been that long!), the carpet and walls were starting to show some wear and tear. Thanks, Dave for pushing me to actually get this project in motion instead of letting me just keep talking about how much we need to update things.

No comments: