Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

We Dave and Carson started preparing for Thanksgiving on Wednesday night. Dave signed us up for bringing rolls even after I said I didn't want to bake so I put that back on him. The first batch was cloverleaf rolls, hence all of the little pieces of dough. The second batch was just regular rolls because the boys decided making all those little dough balls was way too time-consuming.
Times like this I wish I could eat wheat. The rolls looked so yummy.







Thanksgiving morning I joined a friend for a 5 mile run before our family headed to Quincy to feast with Dave's family. And what a feast it was, too! Ham AND turkey, all the fixin's, plus so many desserts. Sadly no pictures from the visit.

We came home on Friday afternoon. That night we enjoyed seeing The Muppets movie where I laughed, sang and even danced a little in my seat much to the horror of my children. Dave made a point of buying the large size popcorn and pop just to prove that he doesn't always say "no".

Finally it was Saturday and time to decorate from Christmas. Dave hauled up all of the boxes from the basement and then the kids and I got busy putting out the decorations. Carson put out all the Sugar Town decor while Katelyn and worked on the tree. Carson came in after most of the decorating had been completed to rearrange some of the ornaments put the finishing touches on the tree.
This is how we decorate the top of the tree--the "Dad Stepstool"
Sunday was church and getting ready for the new week.

It was a very nice Thanksgiving weekend.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Well that was fun getting caught up on your blog ;) I still can't believe people can't eat wheat...that is just tragic! Heavenly Father is going to make that up to you somehow in the next life. Like your mansion is going to be made of bread and you can eat your walls!

Mom said...

Our trees will go up this weekend (I think) but as we all know, I require a real ladder- your dad refuses to spend an entire day being the stepstool.