Monday, November 7, 2011

Jinkies, I Hope It Grows Fast

I have an awesome hairstylist. She pretty much can work miracles with my hair. Unfortunately, the last time I had my haircut I forgot to schedule my next appointment. Because she is so awesome, she is booked and you can't be worked in.

I didn't realize my critical error until too late. And by too late I mean I was way overdue for a haircut and I was ready to cut it myself. Fortunately a friend saved me from another critical error and gave me the name of her hairstylist. I was desparate and so I took her recommendation (especially since she has a really cute haircut).

Well, I went on Friday to get my haircut. I thought I had explained what I wanted, the quirks of my hair (I have some weird wave patterns) and what length I like to wear my bangs. I guess what I had described wasn't what the stylist heard. She got the length right, but pretty everything else went wrong.

I now have a blunt, slightly undercut, chin-length bob with straight across bangs that are about a half inch above my eyebrows.

I look like Velma from Scooby-doo.

You can bet I'm getting on my regular stylist's schedule for 7 weeks from now.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Always good to have a cultural reference point - I try hard not to channel Marlo Thomas too much with my new haircut. The difference here is that I'm OK with mine - it's working towards Dr. Nancy Snyderman's stlye, just needs a couple more inches.
Moral of the story: never leave the salon without your next appointment, especially around the holidays (which start
scheduling around September!)
PS Carson have any pithy comments on the 'do?

Anonymous said...

So, how come you didn't post a picture?
Dadio

Nurse Graham said...

LOL, Dad. Why in the world would I post a picture?

Surprisingly, Carson had no pithy comments. Actually, I was a little disappointed because his pithy comments provide a much needed comedic distraction and make for great blog fodder.

Anonymous said...

LOL mom? Really? I don't even use LOL.