Saturday, December 3, 2011

Did I Tell You?

  • I am trying to run at least a mile every day (except Sunday) between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. So far, so good.Thanks to my various running buddies who are willing to go out with me in the dark. Yes, and that includes Josie, too.
  • I am almost done with all of the Christmas shopping. Brothers that live in distant states...your wives' presents have been shipped. Brother in MN, your daughter's present will be shipped this week.
  • The first Christmas card of the season arrived today (Loved how you did your letter, Stevens family). I have not done any work on our card yet. I guess I better get busy.
  • Carson is scheduled for shoulder surgery on December 22nd. I know, not the best timing, but it was the soonest he could get on the schedule. At least he will have a week at home to recuperate before he has to head back to school.
  • I've already been in contact with the school nurse at the high school to get a medical 504 plan in place for Carson since his surgery will be on his right shoulder, he is right-handed, and he will be in an immobilizer for a few weeks. He will need someone to write for him.
  • I'm pretty sure that there is something scheduled every night for the next two weeks. Don't worry...there is plenty of cereal in the pantry for dinner.
  • Katelyn successfully managed to get her application in to BYU-Idaho by December 1st meeting the early registration deadline. There was a small miracle that occurred with this. On November 29th she finally went to the counseling center and asked the secretary what she needed to do to get her transcripts sent. Secretary told her all fines had to be paid. November 30th I went in to pay her fines & fill out transcript request. I asked the secretary if the transcripts were submitted electronically or mailed. She said they were mailed. I left feeling pretty frustrated  and fed-up with Katelyn for waiting so long. But when Katelyn got on her BYU-I account on December 2nd and it said that her application was complete and transcripts received, we all did a little happy dance. I think we were the recipients of a Christmas miracle.
  • Katelyn has not applied to any other schools besides BYU-I and BYU. That causes me stress, but she doesn't seem too worried about it.
  • I love snowmen, cookbooks, and Precious Moments ornaments and SugarTown. I have quite a collection of all these things. The cookbooks are on display all year in the beautiful barrister chest my father-in-law made for me. The snowmen and Precious Moments are Christmas decorations. I love it when they are on display at Christmas.
  • Pandora radio Christmas station is playing when I am at work on my work computer. At home, we don't listen to much Christmas music. The car radio was turned to the Christmas station the day after Thanksgiving and there it will stay until it no longer plays Christmas music.
And this is what it would be like to have a phone conversation with me...random and rambling.

2 comments:

Mom said...

My elbow surgery last year has allowed me to become much more ambidextrious - maybe Carson can learn left-handed writing ......or use a "computer-type" device for classroom work.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kate she needs to apply to USU and Colorado State. She can have free rent if we are here or in Ft. Collins.
Good luck to Carson with the shoulder surgery, hope all goes well.

Nate