Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Christmas List

Dave and the kids have been bugging me to get a Christmas list written down for them. I told Dave that all I wanted for Christmas was the Honda's brake light finally fixed--it's been out since May and we have had the replacement bulb for awhile. Well, Dave fixed the light last weekend so Christmas came early. I don't feel like I need any more stuff. But Dave said I needed to make a list because he knows "gifts" is one of my love languages and he doesn't want me to feel unloved this Christmas.

Well, family, you forget that right up there with "gifts" is "acts of service" as a love language. So with that in mind, I give you my Christmas list...

  • A hug and a kiss every day from my two kids. An "I love you" thrown in occassionally would also be awesome.
  • A "Good-bye, Mom" every day as they leave for school.
  • A helping hand with dinner or folding laundry.
  • Someone besides me to sweep the kitchen floor or vacuum the downstairs regularly, without being asked!
  • More expressions of gratitude. A simple "Thanks for scraping my car windows, Mom" would mean so much.
That's it, family. Giving me these things on my this Christmas list would say "I love you" more than anything you could buy for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those gifts of service do speak love language, but how about a list of goods for those of us not close enough to sweep the kitchen floor on a regular basis :)
Love you
Dadio

Nurse Graham said...

OK, Dad for you & others who aren't close enough to sweep the floor regularly this is what is on my list...
Vegetable peeler from Williams Sonoma

SmartWool running socks (crew length) and/or tights

Work casual clothes (size 2P or XS petite)

That's about it.

SarahAnn said...

I have the williams sonoma veg peeler, but I like the Cutco peeler better.

Maggie said...

I'm glad you could at least make a list. Dan refuses to make one and then everyone asks ME what to get him, forgetting my track record of getting him horrible gifts. It's very stressful and I wish he would just make his own stinking list already. Though I guess I should just cut him some slack seeing how he hasn't really had a spare second to think lately.