Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday Katie B.

Dear Katelyn,
Where has 17 years gone? We are so grateful that your beautiful smile and sweet spirit has blessed our home so much. You've heard your birth story so many times, I won't bore you with it again. But here are some excerpts from my journal that I thought you might enjoy...
First is how I felt when I found out I was pregnant..."I am so excited to go through all the body changes, but nine months seems like such a long time to wait before I can hold the new little life in my arms."
Then you finally arrived. Here are some words from that time...
Our little Katelyn arrived on 4 October at 2:11 a.m. She has her daddy's dimple on her left cheek and she has the longest eyelashes. She makes the cutest faces. I can't hardly put into words how I felt when they placed Katelyn in my arms. My whole body is filled with so much love for my little baby girl. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father allowed her to come to live with us and I am so happy that she picked David and me as her parents.
Her daddy sure is a proud papa! He can hardly put her down. Matter of fact, when he took her to the nursery, I didn't see him for an hour. It is a good thing that Katelyn decided to come when she did because her daddy was more than ready to have her here. Katie B. we love you so much and feel blessed every day to be your parents. Thanks for being such a great kid. PS. You pinked up quite nicely after this picture was taken. Being stuck for 3 hours tends to make little babies a little oxygen deprived and look a little pastey for their first picture.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Okay first of all that hat decor is killing me! And WOW does Dave look like he is 12 or what! Aric and I looked like teenage parents too.

Happy Birthday to your 17 year old baby girl!