Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The War

We are car shopping. Well, actually, I am car shopping. David has given me carte blanche to "buy what makes me happy." Isn't that great? Just go and get whatever I want as long as it makes me happy and my hubby won't give me any grief about the purchase. I should be running to the dealership. Except, he knows I am too practical to buy what makes me happy. Thus, the war. Only the war is not between the hubs and me. Nope, the war is between my head and my heart. My heart is all about the sports car--Honda S2000 or Mercedes E350 cabriolet. My head, however, is all about being fiscally conservative and weighing all the costs--insurance, up-keep, gas mileage, the budget, etc. I blame the desire for a sports car on my dad. When I was in high school, he had a Porsche 944 turbo. I got to drive it a few times and...I LOVED it. The cornering, the flat out speed. It was to die for. I always said that someday I would have a sports car, maybe not a Porsche, but definitely a sports car. Everyone talks about men buying sports cars during their mid-life crisis. Well, my husband bought a PlayStation 3. That leaves me with buying the sports car. But I just don't think I can pull the trigger. I guess that's why men usually win the war.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to have a proper midlife crisis you need to (on a whim) leave everything behind and move to Hawaii for a couple of years. At least that is what Jenny's sister did.

Nate

Nurse Graham said...

Oh i love hawaii. but the practical me would win again & i wouldnt be able to leave.

Mom said...

Sometimes you are soooooo your father's daughter.
You might look at the Lexus GS series - they are the "sportier" models form Lexus.

Anonymous said...

The S2000 is supposed to be a nice car and is sure to be less expensive than the Mercedes. Just find one that is three years old and in good shape. That should satisfy both sides of the war.

Dan