Monday, March 2, 2009

Sick Day

Since my kids are older, I don't usually stay home with them when they are sick. But today I did. I don't know if it was because it was rainy and gray, or that it was a Monday, or if it was the fact that Carson looked so sick, but whatever the case, I stayed home with my sick boy. And sick he is--fever, awful cough, sore throat, all of the classic signs of the flu. It was nice--not the being sick part, but the staying home part. I got to take care of him--get him water, make sure he has kleenex nearby, fix up the "sick" couch. He doesn't hardly even let me hug him anymore so I was loving that he was feeling so bad that he just let me take care of him. Okay, I don't love that he is sick (he looks almost pathetic), but I'm glad for the opportunity to give him some good ole TLC. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm know he is still going to be sick, but he may have had his fill of "mothering" by then and will kick me out the door. Well if that's the case, I'll at least have had today. Man it's tough having kids who just keep getting older and more independant.

No comments: