Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So Yummy!

Let's face, life without almonds, ginger, and wheat can be quite boring to say the least. Once I decided to listen to my body and eliminate those things that I was actually quite allergic to, I was afraid that my days of good grub were over. You see I really l.o.v.e.d almonds and all things wheat--bread, cookies, cake, pasta--you get the picture. Sure I have experimented with different gluten-free products, but found most of them woefully wanting in acceptable taste and/or texture. Then a miracle...no, I didn't suddenly become un-allergic. No, I discovered that Fred Meyer has a pretty decent gluten-free section and woo-hoo I was saved. At last some food worth eating! Peanut butter with dark chocolate chunk cookies YUMMO!

Lemon shortbread cookies with Dark Chocolate ice cream DELISH!

Oh and the best part...these products (except for the PB) are just for me--NO sharing!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Well at least I know that there is life after peanut butter, cake and pasta.

What do you do on your birthday? Is there anything that can make up for birthday cake?

Nurse Graham said...

There are some gluten-free cake mixes, but they all have a weird taste.

My mom made an awesome chocolate cake for me a month or so ago. It was flourless and so yummy. It had whipped cream filling so it was pretty rich. I think that is now my new favorite cake.