Monday, December 1, 2008

Focus on the Family

Thanksgiving was awesome! All of my brothers, sister, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, nieces, nephews, and grandma were up to visit at my parent's home. I can't even think of the last time that all five of us kids were together. And the best part--no family drama, well at least not when I was visiting up at my parent's home. I really enjoyed being able to visit with everyone. A few highlights:
  • Taking Charlotte to eat at McDonald's. She enjoyed every french fry and chicken nugget that we gave her. We then went back to my parent's house and Carson played with Charlotte (did I mention she is 20 months old) for another 2 hours!
  • The Thanksgiving FEAST! My mom and dad really outdid themselves. The food was fabulous and eating at 3 long tables was great--somehow David and I managed to position ourselves at the far end of the table away from all the small children. Not to worry, Katelyn was strategically placed and was able to help all of the little cousins cut their food.
  • The traditional movie on Friday night. We was Bolt. It was very funny.
  • Visiting with everyone. I wish my brothers and sister didn't live so far away. I get such a kick out of my nieces and nephews, as does my husband (see below).
  • David. There is just something about him. When he is around, the decibal level of all children seems to increase about 100 fold. One of the things that I love most about him--his ability to entertain and interact with kids.

I spent all weekend just reflectingand focusing on how grateful I am for my family and all of my blessings. This weekend was a wonderful way to start off the Christmas season.

No comments: