Thursday, December 4, 2008

Father of the Year

Raising teen-agers can be tough. They get these ideas in their heads that to them seem like the perfect plan and they just don't seem to understand why other, more mature people, don't view them in the same light. When these ideas come up I usually just try to squash them right away. I always have a million reasons for "why this is not a good idea". Fortunately for my children, Heavenly Father lead me to a patient, loving man (who at times is still half-adolescent himself). His usual response is "Sure, why not" especially if the idea is not too far in left field. He even responds this way if the idea has a direct impact on him. For this reason, I believe my husband deserves Father of the Year. That and the fact that he agreed to take Katelyn and 4 of her closest friends to watch Twilight tomorrow afternoon. Yes, my dear readers you read that correctly. My very manly, macho husband will be accompanying 5 teen-age girls (between the ages of 14 and 15) to see a movie about a teen-age girl in love with a vampire and her best friend who happens to be a werewolf. How in the world did Katelyn talk him in to that you ask? Something about big, blue "doe" eyes and a dimpled smile. What will I be doing? It really is unfortunate that David insists on me being a working mom and I don't get off tomorrow until 3:40 and their show starts at 3:10. So sad. (Wa ha ha, evil laugh).

No comments: