Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Cookie Chaos

The other night as Carson and I were driving in the car I asked him what his favorite part of Christmas was. He thought for a moment and then said he wasn't sure. I shared that when I was younger my favorite part was thinking about all of the presents I might receive, but now I am grateful for time I can spend with family. With family time in mind, I invited my parents, my brothers and their families over to our house last night for some Christmas cookie making and decorating. I think it is safe to say that our house has not heard that level of noise in quite awhile. But the kids had a great time, grandpa got to direct the process, Carson and Dave entertained and the rest of us grown-ups just sat around and watched the chaos. It was awesome.

Josie enjoying the fire, not having the first clue about what will be happening at our house in just a few short hours

Grandpa helping each child get a turn cutting out cookies

 

There were some who were more interested in the trains than the cookies




 One kiddo was just too tiny to participate



 Sometimes we left the kids on their own to decorate with Josie to supervise


 Uncle Dave got in on the decorating action at the very end

Some of the finished products

I have an awesome life...just wish I could eat the cookies. I heard they were delicious.

No comments: