Tuesday, December 31, 2013

108

Now that number might represent how many years old I feel when I wake up in the morning. Seriously. I can't believe how stiff my muscles are and how bad my back hurts when I get out of bed in the morning. And the longer I stay in bed, the worse it gets. So, no staying in bed past about 7:30 a.m. for me. My back just gets stiffer and more uncomfortable the longer I lay there.

The number 108 might also represent Carson's weight class for this year. Well, the weight class is actually 106 but for most tournaments and post-season there is a 2-pound weight allowance, effectively making the weight class 108. I am so glad for that extra 2 pounds...108 is doable but 106? Yikes!

But those two previous possibilities are not really what 108 represents today. 108 is the number of blog posts I wrote for this year, beating last year's total by one whole blog post. I thought about doing a "year in review in pictures" for this last post of the year, but I decided to finish with pictures from Christmas Eve Day and Christmas.
The crew went ice skating.



Some were a little happier just watching



Then before we knew it, it was Christmas morning. And there was a huge pile of presents to be passed out, but fortunately there were a lot of cute little elves ready to help.



 

And some traditions continued...
A "Precious Mommy" ornament. This one was from Carson. Katelyn gave me one, too.

Family picture in front of the Christmas tree. Next year, Katelyn will be in Tempe.

 
And there were little ones to provide overall entertainment and cuteness to fill the day


2013 was a wonderful year with many memories created with family and friends. I am looking forward to 2014.



No comments: