Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Carson Strikes Again

This teen-age boy of mine...sometimes I don't even know what to say. In those moments all I can do is shake my head. Last night's conversation presents a "shake my head" moment.

-Carson: Why is it you can walk up behind a guy & rub his stomach, no big deal. But if you try to do that to a girl
-I interrupt and say "You're going to get punched"
-Carson: Yeah, why is that?
-Me: Boundaries, son. You are breaking all kinds of boundaries when you try to do that.
-David now enters the conversation with this gem: You can only rub pregnant bellies.
-Me: NO! You can't go around rubbing pregnant bellies.
-David: Why not? They're all swollen and rubbable.
-Me: You can't because it is part of the woman's body. She gets to say who touches her. It would be like going up to a pregnant lady and asking to rub her breasts because they are swollen and rubbable due to her pregnancy.
-Carson: So. I would want to rub those, too.

Oh boy.

Fortunately Carson does have a good grip on boundaries and only says those kinds of things to get me all stirred up; although it was Dave who was saying, "NO! NO! NO!" at the end of this conversation. Serves Dave right for even suggesting that somehow boundaries don't apply to pregnant bellies.

No comments: